|Building on the success of the multi-year program to invest in the refurbishment of Peregrine’s aging infrastructure and landscape rejuvenation of common areas, as well as the service improvements to meet the demands of the community across our 1,077 acres. The Association has committed to the second year of the program in 2019. The projects include:
- Improve the appearance of the W.Woodmen entrance to Peregrine by landscape rejuvenation of the chronically deteriorated area around the detention pond from The Sanctuary at Peregrine’s Solitude Lane entrance around Orchard Valley to W.Woodmen and east to Cedar Valley Lane.
- Xeriscaping mulch beds with rock on W.Woodmen near Kittridge & Vantage, and the lower entrance to Alpine Glen to preclude having to continuously replace mulch.
- Reduce water costs by refurbishing the failing irrigation system from Franciscan Way to Melross Court
- Repairs to dilapidated filing signs at North Valley, Talon Ridge and Rockledge
- Erosion control on the corner of Edenderry/W.Woodmen
- Expansion of security patrols to enhance the visible deterrent to potential criminal activity
The budget for 2019 program will be limited to $90,000, similar in expense to our 2018 projects. It will be funded partly from the Association Assessments and by managing the Association’s Reserve Fund down to a sustainable level with the confidence attained from the knowledge of Peregrine’s future infrastructure maintenance provided by the SmartProperty application implemented earlier in the year.
To meet the costs of maintaining infrastructure and preserving Peregrine’s property values, the 2019 Association Assessment will be $400 per annum, unanimously adopted by the Board. This is a $40 increase, or approximately $3 a month. Statements will be issued shortly and should drop into your mailbox before December 1st, payable for the start of the year, by January 1st. There is also an option to make two equal installments, and an electronic payment option is available. For details click on this link: https://peregrinehoa.com/finance-management/
The Bestway trash and recycle annual charge remains at $171.60 for the second year. This is a negotiated rate discounted by approximately 55% of the single home rate.
The 2019 Peregrine annual budget is available at https://peregrinehoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2019-Master-HOA-Budget.pdf which will be presented in more detail, along with future financial plans at the Annual Meeting, Wednesday, January 16th 2019, in the Auditorium at Mount St. Francis. Registration begins at 5:30pm, and the meeting kicks off at 6:00pm. Please save the date and join us!
Sincerely, Andrew D Bird
President, Peregrine Master Association
At the Direction of the Board of Directors
2019 Project Examples
North Valley entrance wall
– custom top caps eroded and will be replaced.
Alpine Glen south entrance, improve to match the
north entrance by refurbishing the entrance beds
with new rock
Orchard Valley entrance to Peregrine, rejuvenation of the current dilapidation opposite the 2018 improvements at the junction with W.Woodmen