“Sharing the Responsibility” – CSFD Wildfire Mitigation Cost Sharing
- Intended to address wildfire risk to homes dealing with surrounding fuels in the home
ignition zone (first 30’.)
- This is not a grant award but a DOLLAR-FOR-DOLLAR MATCH up to $500 per household.
Cannot reimburse residents for work already completed.
- Not intended to “landscape” or maintain your property – has to follow mitigation
standards. Funding will be for hazardous fuels removal, not stump grinding, vegetation
replacement or mulch replacement.
- No money to exchange hands; City and residents will be invoiced directly from the
- Must use a tree service licensed / insured with the City of Colorado Springs.
- Walk-thru with CSFD, resident and contractor is required prior to work being done –all
work discussed will be noted on work form and signed off by the owner and the
contractor. Homeowner will receive an estimate for the work beforehand.
- Each participant must sign a stewardship agreement.
- Limited funds – First come, first served. Additional sign-ups will be on the “stand-by” list
in case not all funds are used up.
- Funding is from The Allstate Foundation.
Call Ashley or Solomon to schedule a walk-thru of the property with the contractor.
o Ashley Whitworth: 719-385-7342 or email@example.com
o Solomon Schmidt: 719-385-7368 or firstname.lastname@example.org