Peregrine Newsletter – May 2021
Welcome to our Peregrine Newsletter! Our goal is to provide general neighborhood information and updates that will help build our Peregrine community.
In this newsletter you will find:
– Peregrine Community Garage Sale – June 4 & 5
– Community Events – Dates set for 2021!
– Community Info – GoCOS! app
– Safety & Security Tips -The bears are emerging!
– Fire Mitigation – Register for May 17 Chipping Event
– Board Meeting Information – May meeting info & April Board Mtg Minutes
– Upcoming Important Dates
You can find further information on our Peregrine Master Association website. Take a moment to check out the new navigation features we’ve added! We have made it easier to find the most frequently requested information.
Or check us out socially on Instagram and Facebook.
Peregrine Community Garage Sale
Garage Sale – June 4 & 5 – 8am – 3pm
Back by popular demand: The Peregrine Community-wide Garage Sale!
Do you need more storage space in your home? Do you want to see the back of your closet? Or, wouldn’t you love to park your car in the garage? Well, it’s time to do some spring cleaning and make a little extra money in the process! Get ready for the annual Peregrine Community Garage Sale! The Peregrine HOA will be promoting this annual event locally through an ad in the Gazette and on Craigslist. We will also post on social media sites (@HOAPeregrine) so make sure to share and like the posts to spread the word!
Residents are responsible for any personal signage to direct buyers to your home. The event will run on Friday, June 4th and Saturday, June 5th from 8a.m – 3p.m. both days. Please remove all personal signage by Saturday evening.
Peregrine Community Events
– Neighborhood Chipping Event #1 – May 17 (week of)
– Peregrine Community Garage Sale – June 4 & 5 – 8am – 3pm
– Cinema in the Park – Saturday, July 24 – 8:30-10:30pm
– Music in the Park – Friday, August 20 – 6:30-8:30pm
– Neighborhood Chipping Event #2 – Sept 20 (week of)
– Family Scavenger Hunt – Saturday, September 25
– Turkey Trot – Thursday, November 25 – 8:30am
We would love your help at any of these events! Contact Michelle McArthur.
Here is a list of some of the items you can personally report to the City:
– Traffic issues – bikes, lights, crossings, signals, etc.
– Street maintenance
– Non-emergency/Non-violent crimes
Take a minute to download the app to your phone. As a community, we can use this tool to keep Peregrine beautiful!
Fire Mitigation / Neighborhood Chipping Event
Register NOW for the May 17 Chipping Event
The Colorado Springs Fire Department will be offering Peregrine two chipping events this year. The first event is the week of May 17th and the second will be the week of September 20th.
In order to participate, you must meet certain requirements and follow the guidelines set forth by CSFD. To learn about these requirements and to register your address, go to Neighborhood Chipping Program. If you are unsure of what wildfire issues to look for or how to participate in the chipping program, please call Adam Wisely with the Colorado Springs Fire Department at 719-385-7368. They are willing to set an appointment for a free onsite consultation. This is a great service to consider to make sure you are following the guidelines and to ensure they are able to collect your chipping piles.
Check out our recent blog post on Spring Fire Mitigation and Tips.
Safety & Security Tips
The bears are emerging!
Whether you are new to the area or need a refresher on ‘Bear Aware’ practices, here are some key points to consider:
– Secure your garbage cans and keep them in your garage.
– Don’t leave pet food outside.
– Make sure bird feeders are at least 10 feet off of the ground during the summer months when bears are active.
– Keep the area underneath bird feeders clean and clear.
– Keep your garage doors closed at all times.
– Always keep your car doors locked, whether they are in your garage or driveway. Bears will find a way in!
Let’s work together as a community to keep both bears and our personal property safe this season!
Peregrine Master Association Board Meeting
WEDNESDAY, MAY 12 at 6pm – Zoom Meeting Link
– May 12 – Board Meeting – 6pm – via Zoom
– May 17 (week of) – Peregrine’s 1st Neighborhood Chipping Event (registration required)
– June 4/5 – Peregrine Community Garage Sale
– July 24 – Cinema in the Park
We have planned social activities for 2021, but all events will be monitored closely given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. First and foremost, our priority is to keep our community safe. We will monitor El Paso County Health Department protocols and make decisions accordingly. If you have suggestions or want to help, please email Michelle McArthur, our Social Events Committee Chair.