Peregrine Newsletter – September 2021
Welcome to our September 2021 Peregrine Newsletter! Our goal is to provide general neighborhood information and updates that will help build our Peregrine community.
In this newsletter you will find:
– Board of Directors Elections – Positions available to serve the community
– Peregrine Aware – City’s sidewalk repair program
– Peregrine Tree Celebration – Registering your new trees
– Community Events – An eventful summer!
– Safety & Security Tips – Sept 20 – CSFD Chipping Event
– Board Meeting Information – Upcoming meeting info
– Upcoming Important Dates
You can find further information on our Peregrine Master Association website.
Peregrine Board of Directors
Serving Your Community
The Peregrine Board of Directors Election is scheduled for Nov. 17th at the Annual Membership Meeting. Applications for Candidates are being accepted now and must be received before Oct. 1st to include the candidate’s name on the ballot.
The Peregrine Master Association will have one Board seat open during this election.
Please consider this opportunity to serve the greater Peregrine community. It’s a rewarding role that ensures Peregrine remains a Premier Mountainside Community, protects everyone’s property investment and ensures that homeowner feedback is incorporated in the evolution of Peregrine.
If you would like to know more, please contact any current board member through our Contact Us page. We also encourage you to attend our next board meeting on Oct. 13, prior to the Nov. 17 annual meeting.
Peregrine Tree Celebration
54 New Peregrine Trees
- We planted a new community tree at the corner of W. Woodmen Road and Kittridge Avenue for our Peregrine Tree Celebration kickoff event.
- We hosted Dr. Christine Biermann, UCCS Geography and Environmental Studies professor, to learn about the native trees and forest ecosystems of Colorado Springs in her presentation titled, “Exploring Our Urban Forest”.
- Our Landscaping and Infrastructure Committee led two neighborhood walks/hikes that explored the various trees and trails within Peregrine.
- And finally, our community has planted 54 new neighborhood trees through the use of our Expedited Tree Planting form. If you would like to add a new tree to your yard, there is still time to be included in the COS150 Tree Challenge! Once you submit your form with Peregrine’s ARC, we will share the information with the City to be included in their tally.
Peregrine Community Events
An Eventful Summer
We hope you have enjoyed the return of Peregrine’s social events this summer. Cinema in the Park and Music in the Park were great successes! It is so wonderful to see residents socializing in the park and enjoying the company of neighbors.
Check out our Music in the Park Photo Gallery!
Our next event is the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot! Mark your calendars for Thursday, Nov. 25 at 8:30 a.m.!
If you have suggestions or want to help with our future events, please email Michelle McArthur, our Community Projects/Events Committee Chair.
Fire Mitigation / Neighborhood Chipping Event
Register NOW for the September 20 Chipping Event
Peregrine’s recent grass fire was a scary reminder of the importance of fire mitigation in our community. We all need to work together to keep Peregrine safe.
The Colorado Springs Fire Department is offering Peregrine a second chipping event this year. The second and final event of this year will be the week of Sept. 20. You must register for this event by Friday, Sept. 17.
To participate, you must meet certain requirements and follow the guidelines set forth by CSFD. To learn about these requirements and to register your address, go to Neighborhood Chipping Program.
If you are unsure of what wildfire issues to look for or how to participate in the chipping program, please call Adam Wisely with the Colorado Springs Fire Department at 719-385-7368. They are willing to set an appointment for a free onsite consultation. This is a great service to ensure you are following the guidelines and they are able to collect your chipping piles.
Check out our recent blog post on Spring Fire Mitigation and Tips.
Peregrine Master Association Board Meetings
Our 2022 Budget Meeting will be held immediately following the Board Meeting and will begin at 7:30 p.m.
These meetings will be held at Fire Station 18, located at 6830 Hadler View.
The agenda will be emailed and posted on our Board Meeting page.
Mark your calendar for the remaining 2021 Board Meetings:
– Wednesday, Oct. 13 – Board Meeting (6 p.m.) & 2022 Budget Meeting (7:30 p.m.)
– Wednesday, Nov. 17 – Annual Membership Meeting (6 p.m.) & Board Elections