|Peregrine Secure Alert – Holiday Preparations and Precautions
Dear Peregrine Neighbors:
With the holiday season upon us, now is the time to take precautions to ensure the safety and security of your homes, property and your family. The following is a list of what you can do to keep this special season happy and joyous:
- Be sure to use UL-approved lighting for outdoors and avoid overloading your power breaker panel circuits.
- Notify your neighbors if you are traveling or expecting doorstep deliveries, especially considering the rise in doorstep package thefts.
- Do not publish your travel plans online. Also, be wary of unexpected phone calls, emails, and text messages that you don’t recognize. When in doubt, don’t respond.
- Use the Peregrine “Before You Go” door hanger as a checklist when leaving your home for a few days or weeks.
- Keep your walkways and driveways safe when snow and ice are present. With these conditions, we see a rise in falls and the related consequences of broken wrists and torn meniscus injuries.
- Keep your food safe and follow the refrigeration and preparation instructions to include deep fat frying your turkey. Be careful with food that is set out for long periods.
- In the rush of Black Friday sales and holiday travels, keep your purchases safe and hidden, preferably in your trunk or hatchback compartment.
- Be safe on the road and on parking lots. Be a defensive driver and avoid confrontations. Watch out for pedestrians.
On behalf of the Peregrine Master Association and your Board members, may your holidays be Peregrine Safe and Peregrine Secure.